A TRULY MULTI-LOCAL MULTINATIONAL
Known until a few years ago as Philippine Refining Company (PRC), Unilever Philippines started as an oil milling business which at its peak produced nearly 100,000 tons of coconut oil annually.
Today the company is a leading manufacturer of Laundry detergents and soaps, Shampoos and Hair Conditioners, Toothpastes, Deodorants, Skin Care products, Toilet Soaps and Foods including Lipton Tea.
With annual sales of over P10 billion, Unilever Philippines employs over 1,000 people nationally.
Unilever Philippines has for decades been known in the industry as a sound training ground for young Filipino graduates. Some of our managers have progressed to senior levels in government and public life.
Unilever is proud of its heritage in the Philippines and is dedicated to growing its operations in the country in the future.
Controllers Senior Asst Manager
- Directly responsible for Accounts Receivable operations, Financial Reporting and Operational Cash Flow Management of URIC.
- This position will serve as the liaison officer between URIC and Financial Shared Services providers, i.e. Accounts Payable, Sales Accounting, Fixed Assets Accounting, Taxation and Treasury
- Implement Transaction Processing Systems
- Ensure that robust processes are set up to support appropriate cut-off procedures and deliver quality complete and accurate financial information.
- Assess and benchmark the performance of existing transaction systems.
- Evaluate cost and initiate changes to processes and systems to exploit the potential of emerging technologies and other external developments.
- Implement development projects on time, within budget and with controlled risks.
- Interpret and translate appropriate bookkeeping rules for automated transactions in the system to ensure that they provide seamless processing from the physical movement of assets to the relevant bookings in the accounting ledgers.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties practices within the systems and processes designed to support accounting operations (including interaction with external providers)
- Systematically record and process transactions making efficient use of accounting systems and following best practice bookkeeping procedures.
- Apply legal, fiscal and accounting principles to the classification of transactions for local and corporate purposes.
- Generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports
- Apply fundamental accounting principles (e.g. the matching and accruals concepts) to generate accounting records (e.g. the trial balance).
- Ensure that accounting records comply with Unilever’s Accounting Policies and local GAAP / fiscal regulations.
- Prepare routine and rule-based financial reports.
- Manage in-house and outsourced Financial Shared Services (FSS)
- Manage the migration of accounting operations to the FSS environment such that quality and control is maintained and all efficiencies are realised.
- Define service levels and agree contractual terms.
- Manage third party providers to ensure delivery of the defined service.
- Financial Accounting
- Manage Local Financial Statements Reporting and Forecasting
- Manage external reporting and audit
- Operational Cash Flow Management
- Graduate of Accountancy
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants should be Filipino citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Preferably Assistant Manager / Managers specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting Working Knowledge in PFRS/ Unilever Accounting Policies
- Strong Accounting and Finance Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Exercises professional judgement and objectivity
- High self-confident integrity