Title: Outside Plant Technician
Location: Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Direct Hire
Requirements: Skill Set Required:
Installs, troubleshoots and repairs a broad range of telecommunications cabling media to include coaxial, fiber optic, Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), main feeder cable (200,400,600 pair etc). Installs cable racks, conduit, 3M, and other support structures for the protection and aesthetics of cables. Tests cable for signal quality, continuity, and availability. Terminates and splices both copper and fiber optic cable.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
· Pull telecommunications cabling through a wide variety of building architectures (both permanent and temporary, including tactical) through buried conduit (outside plant) routed between buildings, telephone poles (aerial runs), ceilings, raised floors and cable troths.
· Terminate Category 6 UTP, coaxial, and fiber optic cables at designated work stations and in telecommunication closets and distribution frames.
· Prepare telecommunications rooms/closets in buildings to function as central and secondary distribution nodes for telecommunications cabling networks.
· Install hardware/systems such as cable trays, ladder racks, J-Hooks, and/or D-rings to support telecommunications cable pulls.
· Test and certify Category 6 UTP cabling, fiber optic and main feeder cable with ohm meters, toners and Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR).
· Splice copper and fiber optic cabling.
· Troubleshoot and correct both copper and fiber optic cable problems for lack of continuity, noise, signal loss and degradation, improper termination, excessive loss and intermittent problems.
· Able to work under pressure and handle several customers at a time
· Experience in IT infrastructure environment