Production and Technical Assistant for NIC
(National Capital Reg - Quezon City)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Prepares the recorded materials needed in the newscasts.
2. Records Radyo Patrol reports that news writers will use as well as interviews and other reports/breaking news from ANC/CNN/BBC when necessary.
3. Monitors and records TV programs which could be used in producing news items.
4. Transcribes sound bites of TV Patrol, Insider, The World Tonight and other news programs for early morning newscasts.
5. Receives and records reports from provincial correspondents as support materials for various programs (phone patching).
6. Assists the news producer in newscast airing. (Takes charge of the chronological arrangements of voice clips to be used in the newscasts as instructed by the producer).
7. Write scripts when need arises.
8. Assists newsbreak anchors.
9. Researches sound bites for yearend report.
10. Handles phone calls.
Requirements: Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or equivalent.BUSINESS SUMMARY
Required skill(s): research, assist anchors, record materials.
Required language(s): English, Filipino
Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
Program based position available
ABS-CBN is in the business of producing world-class entertainment, news and information programs and in the continuous adoption of breakthrough technology to deliver these to its audiences not just in the Philippines, but globally.
This content is distributed primarily in the Philippines through its flagship free-to-air VHF TV station in Mega Manila, ABS-CBN Channel 2. Backed by a vast regional network of originating stations, affiliates, and strategically-located relay stations across the archipelago, ABS-CBN’s nationwide reach is unmatched to this day. ABS-CBN also airs free-to-air UHF TV on Studio 23 and operates the country’s leading radio network consisting of 3 AM band stations and 14 in the FM band.
ABS-CBN also provides news and entertainment programs for nine cable TV channels, targeting specific niche markets who prefer foreign entertainment programs, blockbuster Filipino movies, news and commentary, music, animè, and sports.
ABS-CBN also ownsSkyCable, the Philippines’ largest cable television service provider which has close to half a million upscale subscribers in Metro Manila and key urban areas nationwide.
Outside of the Philippines, ABS-CBN reaches more than 2.1 million Filipinos out of the more than 8 million Filipinos overseas, through ABS-CBN Global’s The Filipino Channel (TFC). TFC is available in the USA, Canada, the whole of Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Japan, and a host of other Asia-Pacific countries via cable TV, direct-to-home satellite, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), and the Internet through TFCNow!