Assistant Hull Supervisor
Planning, preparation and conduct of ship/vessel repair• Shares field of experience in ship repairs and make advance planning for a tip-top maintenance for operation and good production output.
• Evaluate the physical condition of all vessels in different fleet or groups.
• Prepares and work-out plans for the scheduling of dry-dock and afloat repairs during of season of fishing operation.
• Obtains job orders from the ship captains and ship engineers.
• Conducts inspection in onboard vessels with captain, chief engineer, boat swain, structural foreman and carpentry department to identify areas that need repairs.
• Estimates and submits target date of completion of a project to engineering department and general manager.
• Estimate the materials to be used in repairs and forward the Material Request Form to Purchasing Department.
• Prepares and submit job orders to different shipyards for quotation and seeks approval for dry-dock schedule from the general manager.
• Provides the vessel dry-docking certificate required by MARINA Authority in coordination with the liaison officer.
• Requests the required materials for repair and compromise for early delivery.
• Conducts ship’s arrival meeting with Captains, Engineers and Boat Swains (Maestro)Supervision on workers and facilities• Discuss with pakyaw workers the existing company policies, rules and regulations and issued memorandum pertaining to their areas of responsibility.
• Supervises the facilities and pakyaw workers on maintenance works such as piping, painting, tank cleaning and general steel work repairs on dry-dock and afloat vessels.
• Implements company rules and regulations and applies or recommends to HR department sanctions to erring employees.
• Supervise the Hull, Deck and Carpentry Department in vessel repairs.Efficiency in giving orders to subordinates• Assigns job orders to all foreman/leadman.
• Decides what repair should prioritize to meet the early time of completion (ETC).Ability to deliver works in a timely manner• Ensures that the repaired vessels are delivered on time for the scheduled fishing ground operations.
• Oversees the outsourced machine shop works for early completion of repairs and project.
• Reports to immediate head the status of repair and accomplished works and if there are changes to the same.
• Reports any delays in material delivery that could affect the completion date of ship’s repair.
• Coordinates with other departments and work as a team for the completion of the project.Releasing of docked vessels
• Evaluates, negotiates and checks all dry-dock billing report prior to payment and vessel’s release from different shipyards.
• Coordinates with Accounting Department the release payment for dry-docked vessels.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Architecture, Engineering (Marine), Engineering (Others) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Malabon City.
- Preferably Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in Architecture/Interior Design or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Why Join Us?
Philippines - National Capital Reg - Malabon City
Min 5 years (Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employee)
View Larger Map / Directions
Block 17 Lot 25-34 Dalagang Bukid St., Kaunlaran Village, Malabon City