Get Your Work Requirements this Labor Day Weekend!

Get Your Work Requirements this Labor Day Weekend!
Jobstreet content teamupdated on 13 April, 2022

Get Your Work Requirements this Labor Day Weekend!

Calling all job seekers in Bicol!

In celebration of Labor Day 2021, DOLE has built a one-stop shop online service, where candidates can get all their work requirements.

Bicolanos and candidates nationwide can get access to the following government agencies:

Government agencies participating in DOLE's One-Stop Shop Online Services

National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)

During the pre-employment stage, employers would ask their candidates to submit their NBI clearance. This certificate is one of the requirements for getting employed in the Philippines.

You can apply for the NBI clearance online at

Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)

Some of the work requirements you can get from the PSA are your birth certificate, certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR), and marriage certificate. You can visit the PSA website.

Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)

All Filipino workers need to register for their Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) as soon as they are ready for employment. The BIR will issue your TIN once, which you can use until retirement. For more information on the process of getting a TIN or a TIN ID, visit the BIR website.

Social Security System (SSS)

Just like getting your TIN, you need to be a member of the SSS as soon as you start working. The SSS issues your member number only once, so it's important to keep a record of your SSS number and the documents pertaining to it.Â

You can use this throughout your working years and even after that"”the SSS is the governing body that regulates the pension of retired Filipino workers.

Active, contributing members are entitled to the following SSS benefits:

  1. SSS salary loan
  2. SSS calamity loan
  3. SSS maternity benefit
  4. SSS disability benefit
  5. SSS retirement benefitÂ
  6. SSS death benefit
  7. SSS funeral benefit

If you've lost your SSS ID or SSS record copy, you can apply for a replacement also through the agency. For more information, visit the SSS website.

Home Development Mutual Fund

Commonly known as the Pag-IBIG Fund, this government agency is responsible for providing affordable home financing for Filipino workers. To register and get your Pag-IBIG number, or to apply for a home loan, visit the Pag-IBIG website.

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth)

PhilHealth is responsible for making sure that all Filipinos have equal access to health care. All employees need to register for PhilHealth and get their records so that, in times that hospitalization is needed, the agency can subsidize some of the amount needed for treatment.

Visit the PhilHealth website for more information on the health benefits of Filipinos.

Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)

Professionals and highly skilled workers need to get their licenses from the PRC. For information on applying for board exams, processing of professional licenses, and results of board exams, visit the PRC website.

Philippine Postal Corporation (PhilPost)

Some employers require a postal ID to verify your home address. If you don't have any government ID yet, you can get a postal ID and present it as a requirement (e.g., when applying for your TIN). Get more information on how to apply for a postal ID by visiting the Philippine Postal Corporation's website.

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)

Prefer to be self-employed or run your own business? DTI is here for you. You can register for theirnegosyoprograms and seminars, and register your business name online through DTI's website.

Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)

Planning to work overseas? The DFA together with the POEA are your agencies. POEA will ensure that you are protected by your employee rights even while overseas, while the DFA will issue your passport which you need when working abroad.

For more information, visit the DFA website. To get advice on overseas employment via teleconsultation, send an e-mail to [email protected]

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)

DOLE ensures that your rights as a Filipino worker are protected. Visit the DOLE website to check on labor policies and employee rights.

Happy Labor Day!

More from this category: Applying for jobs

Top search terms

Want to know what people are searching for on Jobstreet? Explore our top search terms to stay across industry trends.

Explore related topics

Choose an area of interest to browse related careers.

Subscribe to Career Advice

Get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.
You can cancel emails at any time. By clicking ‘subscribe’ you agree to Jobstreet’s Privacy Statement.